Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ta-Da!

Hooray!  Just in time for the Schnibbles Parade hosted by Sherri at A Quilting Life and Sinta at Pink Pincushion!  I've completed the pattern chosen for the month of August and is the first time for me to join this group. Its been a fun and rewarding challenge.  It was love at first sight when I saw the pattern Canasta by Carrie Nelson at Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. I loved all the little baskets.  
So, I collected the fabrics and went to work.  Many of my friends ask, "how long did it take you?"  Well, this quilt, at approx. 39"x48", took one solid week with no time spent on any of my other on-going projects.  It took me a good afternoon to decipher the cutting instructions and sew the first basket.  I found the instructions to be disjointed and unlike any of my other favorite patterns and projects. There was a huge disappointment and moment of frustration one night when squaring off the first block to the required 5 1/2"...I realized my points were being cut off!!  The flying geese would be perfect...everything would be perfect, and then I realized my scant quarter inch seam was too scanty!!  Arrrgghh!  Well, I learned a valuable lesson!  ...and that's one of the fun things about it!  ... after you get over the initial let down! :-))




But, I love the finished quilt!  



Stats:  
Pattern - Canasta by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.
Dimension - 39"x48"
Fabrics - Simply Style, V & Co./Moda
Quilting - by me on my Baby Lock Crescendo
Critique and Support - Steve and son, John :-)

Happy Tuesday ya'll!!
Debbie






1 comment: