Thursday, August 15, 2013

Catching Up

Home sweet Mississippi home!  After a destination wedding trip for a special young lady in Cabo San Lucas (yes...it was fun!), I was so happy to be back.  So, finally beginning yesterday I got to work on my WIP's!  So anxious to begin work on the Schnibbles pattern Canasta, but I needed another pack of charm squares. 

First to complete were two of my modern quilt blocks (Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks).

This is #31:

and this is #32:



Can't wait to get through the rectangles, but I need a few more Kona solids to continue.  I need to get to #36 to catch up with the Flickr group.  

Next to work on were two steam punk blocks that were cut out before I left town.  They were laid out on my design boards and all I had to do was sew, sew!  



These are fun.  Disappointed in how the colors show in the photos.  They were shot with my Ipad, but I guess its time to use a real camera.  

And lastly, I tackled Lori Holts' Quilty Barn Along, Barn #10 with "Summer Star Block".  This block proved to be a bit of challenge for me.  No matter how hard I try for perfection, they are not as good as Lori's!  You can see her 10th barn on her blog...Bee In My Bonnet


My brain feels a little mushy right now...maybe I should have waited to write this! :-)  It's difficult for me to set aside the time to improve this blog...but, golly its fun to do!  And the most exciting part, I can participate in the comments, link ups, and all sorts of fun stuff!! Love it!  ...and Green Carlson, you are my new best friend! :-)

Happy Thursday and happy weekend!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment