Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Barn Block

Things are way too busy around here this week, but I did manage to finish my latest silo barn block.  This is my fourth silo barn in conjunction with Lori Holts' Bee in My Bonnet Quilty Barn Along ... Quilty Barn Along.


Lori has named the block "egg basket"... seeing as how I have some backyard chickens and collect eggs in my basket, this seems pretty appropriate!  The seamripper is displayed in this photo to remind me of the dismantling that I did the first time around.  My barn fabric did not have enough contrast and just kept bugging me until finally I just decided it had to go!  Barn burnout...or maybe just time to collect a bit more pastel fabrics! :-)  

I'm excited to have just downloaded a new PDF pattern (Schnibbles) from Miss Rosie's Pattern Co. called Canasta.  I'm totally in love with it and hope to jump right in on this project next week!  Stay tuned!  

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment