Thursday, March 27, 2014

Another WIP Thursday

The door to my sewing room is open catching the spring winds, leaves and probably pollen!  But, its so beautiful!  After a week out of town, the following week sick with bronchitis, things are a bit behind and crazy.  I got back to sewing two days ago and its wonderful to be back on my machine!  I picked a project that would allow me to just sew without much thought or planning.  So, picking up 4 charm packs, two of "Hearty Good Wishes" by Janet Clare for Moda, and two solid parchment-colored packs, and using the new free pattern by the Fat Quarter Shop (Charm Pack Cherry), I began a throw for my favorite doctor!  He loves to sail, so this was perfect for him!  



I wanted the back to have more color to it, so chose this coral and appliqued an anchor in the blue "pearl bracelet" ... imagine the bracelets as lines on a boat :-)


And the label ...

Now I've got my batting after a fun trip to my LQS, Block Therapy, yesterday and its gonna be fun to straight line stitch the quilting this weekend.  

I got caught up with my Mystery Quilt blocks last night, blocks 9 and 10:



And this is what I started before leaving town:


The patterns are "Spell It With Moda Fabric!", Moda Designer Blog Hop that began the month of February.  After watching a bit, I just couldn't resist joining in!  All it takes is a jelly roll and some background fabric, sashing fabric ... I'm using some low volumes from my stash for the background.  The completed tops I've seen online are super great.  This is a very addictive project!  

Tomorrow is Friday, which means Material Girl Quilts is coming out with her two newest blocks for the Layer Cake Sampler Quilt along.  How could I resist this one?!  I had a layer cake ... I had lots of layer cakes :-), but I do need a background color, preferably another layer cake.  So, pictures of this to follow soon!  

I still have some catching up to do with Quilty Fun and any choice of projects to begin, depending on my mood!  Guess that's the fun of having several or more :-) going at the same time!  

Happy happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment